Monday, June 8, 2009

Faith

So our dates have changed, thank you mother nature :) We are looking at flying out July 5th and coming back July 20th. It actually works out a lot better for us. Going and coming are direct flights to Prague and that means we can look at "flying stand-by" Do we take that chance? You tell me... $2,500 round trip or $750 round trip for the both of us. Of course I will be stressing out the whole time.. wondering if we'll get bumped? Faith! We must have Faith. Obviously God is in control.

Sunday's sermon was an eye opener for me. The sermon was about "Faith Builders" I prayed my prayer before Paul preached that his sermon would reach someone.. not knowing that someone meant me!
I wanted to share what I got out of the sermon yesterday

How does God build our faith?
  • Dream - Let's see.. Russ and I have been dreaming for a family. Dreaming doesn't hurt anyone.. does it? "According to His power that is at work with in us" Eph 3:20
  • Decision - We should go for it! We believe that God will bless us with children. We need to Let Go and Let God. "Ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. " James 1:6
  • Delay - We've been praying and praying and praying that God will answer our prayers. We are so ready and can not understand why our prayers have not been answered. But they have!! In a round about way. God is teaching us patience, Trust and Faith. We know God is working and His delay is NOT denial. "For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay." Hab 2:3
  • Difficulty - We've received a lot of criticism from people around us wanting to know why we chose this route to go abroad to seek treatments and not stay here in the US. Or why we keep putting ourselves through this difficulty journey. I don't know how to answer that.. other than it takes Faith and a lot of prayer and guidance to keep going. I've wanted to give up so many times but I honestly think God wants us to Rejoice in our circumstances and to look past the critics and lay it down at his Feet. "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. " I Pet 1:6-7
  • Dead End - Sometimes it seems that we never will get there.. or it's so far out of our reach. I hate to say it, but I even yelled.. "Where are you Lord?" "Why me?" I know God allows our situations for a better purpose. I'm starting to see that. My favorite verse. "I am Lord, God of all mankind, Nothing is too hard for You." Jeremiah 32:27
  • Deliverance - We are still trying to "rise up" over our situation. It takes a lot of Faith to step out of our comfort zones and we are doing this together with God in the middle holding our hands all the way there.

Was this not the perfect sermon??

Okay.. so what happens now? I start taking my birth control pills tonight for 19 days. I went this morning to get some blood work drawn. Ouch.. they left a nice bruise on my arm. The results will be sent to my doctor in Czech and I should be receiving my protocol in the next couple of days. More to come...

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,

    This will be such a beautiful journey, you guys rock! May God Bless You ...you two are so in my prayers. Linda Mock

    ReplyDelete