Friday, October 30, 2009

17 week ultrasound

I had my perinatal appointment today. Got there at 3:15, waited & waited until 4:45 to go back there. I was told they had a pregnant woman with twins who had a lot of complications. It was well worth it. The u/s tech asked me if we wanted to know what we were having and we said "yes" We got to see the brain, heart, kidneys, bones, etc.. Then she showed us the butt, thighs and then said.. you see here.. there are 3 lines.. so IT LOOKS LIKE A GIRL!! Wow.. a little girl. Amazing. She kept saying "She" and it just sounded so funny. I'm use to baby this and baby that. But we are having a baby girl.. our baby girl. God is really amazing! We saw her fist, then she waived, gave us a thumbs up, saw her foot and then we saw where it looked like she was clapping. Haa.. it was so sweet. Dr Yeagley is wonderful. She told me that we have a very healthy baby girl. We past the glucose testing and the downs syndrome test :) Dr Yeagley told me that my placenta was too low, which is a sign of Placenta Previa. She said I had a slight case of it and told me not to worry at all. I didn't want to hear those words. Yeagley said please do not look it up or read any books. It will heal itself and will keep a close watch on you. If I was in my 3rd trimester then it would be something to really worry about. God has brought us this far and I know He is in control. Please pray that the Placenta Previa will heal on it's own.

So.. we are having a GIRL!! and her name will be Lillyan Hope. Hope means so much to us, as we have never given up "Hope" God had a plan for us this whole time. I will put u/s pictures on here soon!!

More to come...

2 comments: