Thursday, August 20, 2009

Another Mile Stone

We are 7 wks today! Can you believe that? WOW... what a mile stone!

The sickness is progressing more and more each day. It was only in the evenings and at night, now it’s through out the day. I don’t have an appetite so I keep losing weight. I guess that’s ok, 18 pounds now. Peanut butter and jelly has become my new friend, it really helps with the nauseousness

I still can’t believe we are pregnant, pinch me please. Our first ultrasound was amazing, being able to see that little flickering heart beat. Never made it this far and we are in awe. My 6 yr old niece keeps calling the baby “peanut” she got a kick out of looking at the pictures of the embryos. She said “what is that… a peanut?” So that name stuck. Haaa… made me laugh. Russ has football practice 3 times a week, so I don’t feel bad taking a nap while he is gone. I can’t keep my eyes open, once I hit the pillow I am out. It’s the best sleep ever.

We are waiting on the perinatologist to call for our first doctor’s appointment. I was told that it might take 3 wks to get in. I don’t get it, what is the point? Patience… patience! It will be so well worth seeing the more extensive ultrasound pictures. They said no cameras please, but we can bring in a USB Key and they will copy the images for us. Great idea!
USB Key shopping this weekend and I also want to get a book so I can jot down what I’m feeling and what is going on each day. I will one day be able to share that with our precious little one : )

More to come…

2 comments:

  1. ...what an important day this is!! we are so happy for you and russ...our prayers for you and peanut are never ending...blessings and love elaine and jerry ccww

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,
    This is such an amazing witness to others! Your faith is so extrodinary! And so encouraging, that all can see the rewards of simply trusting God, and his timing! You guys rock! You are in our prayers every day ! Linda

    ReplyDelete