Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Feeling Good

I'm feeling good today. Had a bad headache yesterday, finally went away when I woke up this morning. Thank goodness, I do not do well with headaches. I get migraines a lot and it's been awhile since my last episode.
I'm going to Women of Faith this weekend. Can not wait, Steven Curtis Chapman and Mandisa will be there. This will be an AWESOME weekend.

We finally received the call from the perinatologist. My appointment will be 9/2/09 at 1:15. Thank goodness it’s in Fayetteville, a short drive from work. I was told to expect an ultra sound, which will be done every time I go. About once a month to start and then twice a month, etc…
They will also check my urine each time to make sure I do not have sugar in my urine. It’s amazing what I’ll be able to see on the ultra sound. They do Level 2 ultra sounds; we get to see the chambers of the heart, the brain, the bones, etc… They will also discuss when to stop taking the medications. Yay! Can not wait to hear those words! It’s tiring to have to remember if I took a certain pill. I think after this appointment we might start feeling a little bit more at ease.

One of my co-workers went through IVF in February, discovered they were having triplets (2 boys and 1 girl) She was due in November. The babies were born 2 wks ago. So small, they weighed about 2 pounds each. All 3 are doing great. They are eating and growing. They probably won’t be able to come home for another 5 weeks or so. I can not imagine how hard it is to leave your babies.

More to come…

2 comments:

  1. Joe & I are so excited for ya'll! We continue to pray that all goes well (I know it will!). We have been keeping up with you through your page since the beginning. I am inspired by your strength. Please let us know if you ever need anything . . . we are in your neck of the woods all the time. Tell your friend with the premies about Carli (she was 1lb 9oz at birth and 11 weeks early). Prayer is amazing . . . she is SO healthy! I'd be glad to talk to them for support if they want. I remember the forever hospital stay - but, it will be over before they know it and those babies will be 11!

    Carrie Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Hello Lil Momma....
    Just checking on your progress, and to say Thanks for sharing! Rachel, God is so very awesome! You are in my prayers kiddo! Linda

    ReplyDelete