Thursday, July 9, 2009

Doctor Visit #2

Outside the Reprofit Fertility Clinic
The Waiting Room
Ultra Sound Room
Just got done with doctor visit #2. Ultra sound nurse said everything looks great. There are about 10 follicles on my right side that look good. Egg retrival is scheduled for 7:45 am (1:45 am your time) Saturday, July 11. Today, I will take 150 units of Gonal F and also cetrotide (to slow the ovulation down) and at 9:00 pm I will take the ovidrel (which makes your eggs ready for retrival) Tomorrow, July 10, I am medication FREE!! Woo hoo.. a day to relax and not have to worry about did I take that injection or did I take that pill :) I can not eat or drink anything after mid night before the egg retrival. We have to fill out forms for the anesthesia doctor. So not looking forward to the anesthesia, I get sick when I wake up. I'm hoping they will give me something to calm my stomach down. They gave me 2 prescriptions to fill here, it's so much cheaper here than in the states.

Pills/shots to take after egg retrival:
*Fragmin (same as Lovenox or Heparin:blood thinner injections) I will take 1 injection daily up to 12 weeks of pregnancy. In the states:$560.oo Czech: $150.00
*Progesterone - I will take 2 pills 3 times a day up to 12 weeks of pregnancy.
In the states: $250.00 Czech: $64.00
Thank you Lord, you are so good and I praise you! I was so happy to hear that I can get the medication cheaper here and can get it mailed to me monthly :)
On our way home last night: "Old Brno Monastery and Cathedral of the Assumption of our Lady" Very beautiful at night
Russ.. he is so handsome :)

The movie Theater


Me, Walking to the Movie Theater

Brno's Brewery (Starobrno beer) They say it's the best beer in Europe. But we wouldn't know that :) ha-ha
We are still getting us to the time difference. Yesterday was the hardest. We slept until 1:00pm. Relaxed around the apartment and then went to Mendel Square, about 10 minutes walking from our apartment. We ate at McDonald's. There were a lot of different items on the menu. Of course we ordered what we were use to. Big Mac and Qtr Pounder w/cheese. It was the best hamburger ever.. :) haa. You do a lot of walking, so you are so hungry. I think we will lose weight here. :) We went to a movie, saw The Hangover (In English w/ Czech sub titles)
Today, we plan on going to the Spilberk Castle. It's an amazing place and has a lot of history.
Royal castle built in the 13th century and was converted to a "jail of nations" and was the most feard prison in Habsburg monarchy.
http://www.spilberk.cz/ (click on the English Flag)

Going sight seeing..More to come...

3 comments:

  1. Happy Friday Rach and Russ! I hope you are enjoying your day off without meds! I just wanted to say that I miss you and that I will be praying for you both Saturday. God is good and he is in control! I shared your story and your blog with the ladies bible study last night. Know that lots and lots of people are praying! Have a wonderful weekend you two!

    Lova ya! Lacretia (Aunt Lue)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop checking on you and Russ. I think about what you are doing and pray everything is going your way...what an amazing journey. Its been so long since we have been in touch, but I want you to know you'll are not alone....Best wishes.
    Jennifer Eaton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel,

    Just checking on you too and wanted to let you know that you and Russ are in my prayers kiddo. God is so very awesome! Your blog is so kool! Thanks for sharing, and be blessed on Saturday. Linda

    ReplyDelete