Tuesday, July 7, 2009

First Ultrasound Done

We woke up this morning with day light coming through our window at... 4:00 in the morning.. Yes.. 4:00 am. I thought I missed my appointment and we slept through the alarm clock. Very strange to see the sunrise this early.

My first ultrasound was done at 9:00 am (3:00 am your time..why aren't you awake? ha-ha) 15 minutes in and out! The fertility clinics in the USA took for ever.. they like to keep you there making you anxious. The Ultrasound nurse said everything was looking good. My lining of my uterus looked very good and she said that I had 5 follicles on my left and 11 on my right!!! No wonder I've been crampy :) Thats a good thing. I take 150 units of Gonal F today and tomorrow and my next ultrasound appointment is Thursday, July 9 at 9:00 am. I wanted to take a picture of the clinic, but they are doing a lot of remodling. The buildings here are so old and beautiful. The details are amazing.
We are back in our apartment relaxing and will wait on our coordinator (Eva, who is also a nurse at the clinic) to pick us up around 4:00. She will take us around and take us to our first authentic Czech dinner.. wish us luck :)

Here is a picture of our apartment and the view from our back window.
Our Apartment
There is an Indian Restaurant = Indicke Restaurace (Czech) right down stairs, they speak great english, we might try the food
View from back window

We may walk to the Mendel Square, not too far from us, maybe 5 minutes and do a little sight seeing.
More to come...




4 comments:

  1. Love the updates. Thank goodness for technology. Sounds like great news on the ultrasound. Enjoy the sightseeing. You're in our thoughts and prayers. Faith is praying for "uss" and "achel", too. Take care. Love ya, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...can you imagine!! God made the sun come up early to be in your faces so you would not miss that appointment!!blessings for a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING!!! What a beautiful country and an AWESOME apartment!!! You and Russ are truly blessed Rach!! Fantastic news too about my future snuggle buddies!! I miss you terribly, but I'm so stinkin excited for you both I can't stand it!! Love you! Lacretia

    ReplyDelete
  4. MORE PICS MORE PICS!!! Everything sounds like it is going great, so happy for you guys!!
    Love, Kelly (who is not getting up at 2 am to help with the 5 as previously stated!)

    ReplyDelete