Monday, July 6, 2009

We made it!!

We are finally here after a long night of flying

The flight was great, we flew First Class... and it was awesome. I felt like royalty :) We had a full coarse meal, watched as many movies as we wanted, and the seats lounged back in to a bed. We still couldn't sleep, but was able to get a little shut eye. We arrived in Prague at 9:20 am and we had a driver waiting for us (holding a sign up with our names) haaa.. I use to laugh at people when I saw that, but not anymore. It was helpful. He took us to the airport, quiet fast I might add. I was holding on for dear life. They do drive on the same side of the road as we do, but way faster :) Arrived at the train station just in time for the 11:15 train to Brno.
(Russ on the train)
We were not the only American's traveling, we met this nice older couple from California who helped us out a little. I knew they were a God send. The train was 2.5 hours long and arrived in Brno at 2:14. (remember, Czech is 6 hours ahead) Our coordinator picked us up at the train station and took us grocery shopping. I wish I had my camera, it was very strange. I did find some food that we knew, like Pringles, Coke, Mayo.. and by the way, Coke tastes the same as it does in the US. The water is a bit different, but we bought several big bottles and will do Crystal Light, hoping it will change the taste a little.
We will be un packing and settling in to our apartment. My first appointment is tomorrow @ 9:00 am (3:00 am your time) then our coordinator (Eva) will take us around the town showing us different places to go and eat and take us sight seeing to different castles. Will also show us how to use the trams and buses. It's a little strange to look up and see wires everywhere, just for the trams.
We've been up almost 24 hrs.. so trying to get some shut eye
More to come...

6 comments:

  1. Rachel, I'm keeping up with your journey. I'm praying for you guys. Enjoy your trip.

    Lucila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email me when you can girl!!! I am so excited for you!!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. russ and rachel...this is elaine from ccww...just want you to know that i am here praying for all good things...don't forget that Jesus lives in the czech republic too...hugs and blessings from across the ocean....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rachel,
    Just to let you know I am praying too kiddo!What a Journey and First class...thats a "Thank You Jesus".. it is so very hard for a non rev to get first clas anymore...looks like someone up there has his hand on your Journey! Just think of what a testimony your walk of Faith will be for others. Rachel, just bask in the glory of God, because he so loves you guys! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for all your prayers. We just got done with our first ultra sound app.. what an amazing experience. Thank you Lord :) Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you guys!!! Take pictures of EVERYTHING!! I would even suggest buying little souveniers of things for your little ones!!! :)

    ReplyDelete